"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.
A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.
Too weird to live, and too rare to die."About this page
This is my personal wiki page where I blog / wiki all my technical adventures.
By writing about it I not only have the opportunity to keep up my knowledge but I am also sharing something to the community.
Latest articles and changes:
- Manually installing a (persistent) Firewall Rule to allow IPFIX on the ESX Host
- Getting started with vRealize Network Insight / Arkin (Installation & Configuration)
- Getting started with vSphere and python scripting (pyVmomi)
- Identity Based Firewalling and perquisites needed for NSX 6.2.3 and prior to NSX 6.2.3
- PowerNSX: NSX Security Tags, Security Groups, Distributed Firewall Sections and Distributed Firewall Rules with external CSV files
Latest technologies I am working / testing with:
With the Software Defined Data Center "revolution" network virtualization is one of the three important pillars to build on. With the full integration on VMware's other products it can be even more powerful.In the VMware section you will my personal archive of the stuff that I tested out in my lab environment.
The "core" consist typically of vCenter servers, Platform Services Controllers and ESX hosts.In the VMware section I will be showcasing / testing some of the most powerfull features of the "core".
This can be of any vendor, from Juniper to Cisco to Arista or maybe even Cumulus.In the (general) networking section I am going to test different features of different vendors and document them so you can learn from this as well.
Vendors that I have worked with: